The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
– Carl Jung
Do you argue over the simplest things?
Do you believe your partner does not understand you?
Do you feel isolated and alone in your relationship?
Is your sex life dismal or non-existent?
Relationships are psychologically messy! They carry the shadows and projections of the couple; they hold the unfulfilled needs and fantasies from childhood; and they struggle to stay afloat when one of the couple is wrestling with a major life transition or thirsts for spiritual fulfillment.
In Couples Counseling with DR BREN you will learn:
- How to communicate safely and effectively.
- How to excavate unconscious agreements made in the beginning that are, by nature, unknown and seemingly set in stone.
- How to reveal and work through dysfunctional “family of origin” psycho-dynamics.
- How to treat the “relationship” as a psychic reality.
- How to keep the mystery alive in yourself and in your relationship.
Most couples, and unfortunately most counselors, fail to recognize these deeper patterns causing relational strife. While most counselors treat the symptoms and teach communication techniques, DR BREN dives into the unconscious patterns causing the disruption. She is uniquely gifted in identifying the root cause of one’s suffering, and in leading the couple through these painful transitions towards relational wholeness. See DR BREN’s blog post on Marriage as a Psychological Relationship